EVENT PROMOTION: Please complete your listing by the Monday TWO WEEKS prior to ArtWalk to get into the following Sunday and day-before Tribune page. Anyone who gets me info after that, will be listed on the website only due to the newspaper’s deadlines.
EMAIL PROMOTION: If your venue sends out customer/membership/client emails, a mention of the ArtWalk with link to this webpage or Facebook page would be great. Great chance to rustle up an audience for your own venue.
SOCIAL MEDIA PROMOTION:
- Tag your ArtWalk-related posts with @biddefordsacoartwalk (the @ is important as it will show up on the AW page and not in Posts by Others) and you’ll get included in the AW Facebook page. If you want to be an editor on the AW page, we can set you up for that as well. You have to friend Tammy Ackerman, the event coordinator, first personally and then she will make you an editor. We just ask that you keep the rules of the page in mind:
- Please post only ArtWalk night promotions…no classes, performances, etc. if they happen on another night. This is intended so visitors to the ArtWalk page are not confused as to what’s happening, when.
- Post as if you were posting as ArtWalk, not your own venue. For example, Photo Italia would post, “During June’s ArtWalk, stop by Photo Italia and see the work of Enrico Della Pietra…” rather than “Stop by to see my work at Photo Italia.”
- If you have other arts and culture related events, there is the Biddeford+Saco Arts+Culture Alliance (BSACA) Facebook page and you can be an editor on that page.
- CREATE AN EVENT on your own business page and then ADD IT to the ArtWalk Facebook Page. If you’re an Editor of the Biddeford Saco ArtWalk Facebook page, you can click on the 3 dots next to Share and then choose the ArtWalk page. See the graphics below.
- Instagram is a great place to reach a younger audience. You can add this account and toggle between this one and your other(s). Account is @biddefordsacoartwalk. Contact Engine for the password (for security purposes). Always use a hashtag #biddefordsacoartwalk in your post.
SHOWING ARTISTS OR ARTISANS: Each venue that chooses to participate needs to fine an artist or a artisan to show in their venue. For retail venues, you can have a trunk show or invite a toy designer in.
AFTER HOURS OR FOOD/DRINK VENUES: Thank you for this month’s push, I hope you had a few new visitors. Please let me know what ArtWalk specific specials you might have for July.